Wednesday, June 3, 2009

My son's birthday card

My oldest son, Brett, is turning 34 on June 9th so I made a little surfer card for him using Carolee Jones' "Gone Tropic" graphics. He's currently living in New York with his wife as he finishes up his first year as a resident ER doctor at St. Barnabas Hospital in the Bronx. We are so proud of him! Three more years & they'll be returning to California where he can surf to his heart's content. Can't come too soon..........we sure do miss them!

Anywho.......here's the card I made...........


The background was to be used as a scrapbook layout with photos inserted into the "squares" but I thought it would be cute to add more graphics & some personalization. It made for a pretty quick card. I added a bit of bling & some glitter to the "surf" plus a little dolphin pop out.

Thanks for looking!

Huggies & Blessings ~

4 comments:

Paula said...

Lve your card Sharron. stopping by to say hi.

charlene said...

Hey Sis that is one cute card ! I love those graphics...you always make the cutest little cards !
Hugs to ya

Andrea said...

Love it! Those graphics are some of my faves.

Mechelle said...

That is just so adorable! Great job on it. Thanks for stopping by my blog. It's always nice to find someone who likes a great song too! LOL How about Going Through the Motions by Matthew West?!
((Hugs)) Mechelle