Sunday, November 22, 2009

Prayer of Thanksgiving


I have so much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving season. I thank the Lord for saving me so many years ago. I thank Him for my beautiful, loving family. I thank Him that even though we’re going through uncertain times that we can always count on the knowledge that He will never leave us. He will always provide. I also thank Him for my many friends and for all of my internet sisters who bring me so much joy.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving? Whatever it may be…….I pray that you are blessed beyond measure with your cup overflowing with goodness and plenty and most of all……filled with God’s love.


You may remember this hymn………….
“We Gather Together to ask the Lord’s Blessing”

In the early 1600s, Dutch settlers brought the Prayer of Thanksgiving to the "New World". Music, based on a Netherlands folk hymn, was added and it became a favorite in the colonies and today is a traditional Thanksgiving hymn. This is a translation by Theodore Baker (1851-1934).

We gather together to ask the Lord's blessing;
He chastens and hastens His will to make known;
The wicked oppressing now cease from distressing,
Sing praises to His name: He forgets not His own.

Beside us to guide us, our God with us joining,
Ordaining, maintaining His kingdom divine;
So from the beginning the fight we were winning;
Thou, Lord, was at our side, all glory be Thine!

We all do extol Thee, Thou Leader triumphant,
And pray that Thou still our Defender wilt be.
Let Thy congregation escape tribulation;
Thy name be ever praised! O Lord, make us free!
Amen

Have a blessed & joyous Thanksgiving!


Huggies & Blessings ~♥♥♥~

3 comments:

Joyfulsister said...

Hi Sis,
((((Hugz))) I just want you to know how much you have been a blessing to me since we met on Pc Crafter. You will always be my Hugsister forever!!!. Wishing you and your family a blessed Thanksgiving and Larry and I will continue to keep Shawn in our prayers, we never give up on them, God will watch over him till he is too broken to go on. He did it for my daughter and he will do it for Shawn.

Love *U* Sis Lorie

Molly Smith said...

Oh Sharron, your graphics are adorable, so precious, I love them! I wish you and your family a wonderful Thanksgiving with lots of love, memories and laughs!

I am so thankful that I get to spend this year, again, with my dad (90) and mother (88) and Chris is able to take off work to go with me! It is simple but means the world to me!

Thanks for visiting me and your kind words :o)

Bigs HUGS ~ Molly

Linnie said...

Thankyou for such a beautiful post
luv
linniex