Monday, August 20, 2012

Clear It Out ~ DT card

This is my very first Design Team card for Clear It Out challenges. Yippee Skippee! (If you didn't hear the news about my new DT position then you can read all about it here.)

We were challenged to make a card using our own inspiration (a photo, person, colour palette, etc).  And since Clear It Out is all about helping us use up our craft stash we're asking that you use "something glittery".  Finding something glittery in my stash was not a problem at all since I'm a hoarder  uh I mean collector of all things glittery.  LOL  I've used that cute little birdie sitting on the fence.  He's a part of some K&Co. grand adhesions that I've had forever and a day.  Sound familiar?  LOL
I chose the picture below for my inspiration. I found it while googling "color inspiration boards".  I thought the colors were so pretty & fresh. I originally hadn't planned on using the grass, sky & fence for my card.  That just happened as I was designing the card.  Sort of a  "happy accident" I guess you could call it. 

 
Our sponsor for this challenge is Bugaboo Digi Stamps.  I used the adorable digital image called "Ava and Deacon Love Word".  You can find it HERE.  Bugaboo is offering the randomly chosen winner of the challenge 7 free Bugaboo digis.  How cool is that!
This Anniversary card is for a special couple but I can't tell you who it's for yet until after they have received it.  Sssshhhhh.......mum's the word.  ('course if you live across the pond 'mum' has a totally different meaning.  LOL)

You'll notice that I've made another little stick pin & used an envelope punch that I've had a long time.  I made a little note for the happy couple with a Nestie die & added a little ribbon 'pull' so they can see their names below the "Happy Anniversary" (no fair peeking.......I hid it pretty well.....lol).

So please head on over to the Clear It Out challenge blog & use your own inspiration to create a card.  And don't forget to add 'something glittery' from your craft stash.   If you're like me you have a TON of glittery things to choose from.

Challenges I would like to enter:
Delightful Challenges:  Punches & dies (I've used both)
Joyful Stamper ~  Inspire Me Fridays:  #72 Anything Goes
Sweet Stampin' Challenge Blog:  Weddings & Anniversaries
Catch the Bug Challenge Blog:  BINGO (sentiment, ribbon, flower)
The Crafty Pad:  #184 To Die For (use Dies/Punches)
Whimsy Stamps Challenge Blog:  #50 Lots of Layers
Creative Belli Blog:  #150 Winged Things (my little birdie on the fence)
Just Some Lines:  Layer It Up challenge
The Pretty Little Ribbon Shop:  #13 Add some Bling or Sparkle
Mad for Markers Monthly Challenges:  Anything Goes (must use Copics)
Desert Islands Crafts Challenge:  #36 must use at least 3 items from list.  I used "blue, green, make it sparkle, swirls & flowers".
Whoopsi Daisy Challenge:  Include a Sentiment
The Crazy Challenge:  #127 Anything Goes
Tammy's Scrapin Corner:  #24 Anything Goes
Simon Says Stamp & Show:  No Rules! Anything Goes
Hookedoncraft Challenges:  #23 Let's Celebrate! (I'm celebrating an anniversary)
Jackson's Digital Expressions:  Anything Goes #19 with "Inks & Such" (I used Copics)
Crafty Sentiments Designs:  Flowers
Bearly Mine Challenges:  #49 Anything Goes
A and T Emerald Faeries Challenge Blog:  #30 Punches/Dies
Created with Love Challenges:  #3 ~ 3 of a Kind (3 little flowers and 3 "diamonds")
Crafty Boots Challenges:  Tweet Tweet (my little birdie)
Craft Your Passion Challenges:  #124 Power of 3 (3 flowers and 3 "diamonds")

Thanks so much for visiting with me today.  You'll be seeing a lot more crafting from me.  YAY!  I think I found where my craft mojo was hiding.  LOL

Huggies & Sweet Blessings ~♥♥♥~



Supplies used:
  • Copic markers:  E000, E00, R11, R20, E31, E41, E50, B12, B00, B000, B0000, YR20, YR21, Y21, RV21, RV 10, RV000, W00, W0, W1, W3 
  •  DP:  TAC 'Country Cottage', Echo Park 'Hello Summer' and Creative Imaginations Signature Collection 'Gingham'
  • Dies:  Nesties 'Labels One' and 'Classic Squares Large', Taylored Expressions 'Picket Fence Border' die, CB 'Vintage' die (corner)
  • Punches:  EK scallop border, Marvy Uchida envelope punch 
  • Stick pin made using my stash beads and adhered with Glossy Accents
  • Stash Misc:  Heart Doily, forget-me-not flowers, glitter, ribbon, bling, K&Co. Susan Winget Grand Adhesions 'birdie'

    38 comments:

    Unknown said...

    Hi Sharron, what a lovely card, really like the image and the colours you picked. Hugs Frea

    Scrappy Katrina Lee said...

    What a sweet card!! Welcome to the Clear It out Team!! I just love glitter don't you?

    Hugs from your newest follower,

    Katrina

    stamp-color-and create said...

    Sharron, I love your card and the colors you chose. I was going to ask you how you achieved the washed-out look (and I mean that in the best possible way!) of the image you colored. It looks so soft -- almost a watercolor look to it. This is just wonderful. Thanks for sharing it with us.

    Candy C said...

    Very cute card. Very nice design. Love the colors. Love the die cuts! Beautiful job of coloring also! Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. <3 Candy

    My Creative Therapy said...

    What an awesome idea for a challenge blog! Whew do I have "stuff" LOL! And congrats on your DT acceptance :) I'm headed over there now. LOVE the card BTW awesome colors and so beautifully colored! Love that image too...knew I should have gotten that one during the sale! LOL! Thanks for joining us at Jackson's Digital Expressions!

    Kathi
    DT Member

    Sassy Raggedy said...

    Beautiful colors. Your coloring is wonderful. Thanks so much for sharing with us at Tammy's Scrapin Corner. Hope to see you again next week. joann sassy raggedy

    ~ginny said...

    I like your coloring of your focal figures Sharron! The colors are lovely!
    I'm so glad you joined the challenge at Craft Your Passion and I hope to see you again next week!
    ~ginny
    CYP Design Team

    Lady Bug Stampers said...

    Wow that is a super cute card. I really love all the glitter. Thank you for joining us at Created with love Challenges. And congrats on being a new DT as I am one to for Created with love Challenges it is so much fun.
    Linda

    cotnob said...

    This is a lovely card Sharron, such pretty papers and fab image.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    Nannieflash said...

    Gorgeous card love that image and your colour choice. Thanks for joining us at Bearlymine, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxxx

    Always with a Sentiment said...

    Hi there. So pretty, gorgeous colours, fab design and full of detail. I love it. Thanks for joining in at Created with love.
    Sandra xx

    Dee's Craft Room said...

    Gorgeous card, great layout and lovely colours. This is such a pretty image and I love they way you have coloured it.

    Thank you for sharing your work with all of us at Crafty Boot Challenges.

    Dionne

    Chana Malkah said...

    Sharon, this is just way to adorable! I love the softness of this project! Thanks so much for sharing again with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions! We are fans!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT Coordinator

    Sheila H said...

    Lovely card, nicely colored. Thanks for playing along with us at Jackson's Digital Expressions

    Sasha said...

    Such a pretty card! Your image is adorable and I love your colour combo, too.
    Thank you for joining in with us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

    Joyce Ann said...

    Very pretty card. I love the colours from the inspiration. Thank you for sharing your card with us at JDE. Good luck in the challenge.

    Melissa S. said...

    This is beautiful. All the details are fantastic and your coloring is beautiful. I so know where you are comeing from with the collecting things that glitter and sparkle. Love3 them myself. Thanks for shareing with us at Bugaboo this week.

    AN said...

    Hei Sharon!
    Todella ihastuttava kortti sinulla! Kiitos osallistumisesta The Emerald Faeries - Punches and Dies-haasteeseen tällä viikolla,toivottavasti näemme taas pian korttisi1 Onnea arvontaan ja kaikkea hyvää elämääsi sinulle sinne ! An

    pinky said...

    Very pretty card, love all the sparkle. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments.
    Pinky

    rachel said...

    such a cute card - really love this image - and all the sparkles too. Thanks so much for playing at the crafty pad this week and good luck. Hugs xxRachel xx

    Unknown said...

    The Best Part of This challenge is all of the wonderful Entries.
    This is a great Card.
    I love the image and the design.
    Best Of Luck in the challenge.
    Hugs
    Tammy Ortiz
    Founder of
    Tammy Scrapin Corner

    Larelyn said...

    What a sweet image and such a charming card. Thanks for sharing at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs,
    Larelyn

    Tracy said...

    WOOHOO! I was wondering when you were going to be posting for your new DT. Boy are you starting off with a bang. Yummy card my friend. You picked an awesome color palette and I adore that little glittery birdie. You've definitely got the mojo workin'. :-) Hugs!

    Carol Ric said...

    This is such a lovely anniversary card and super cute image. Thanks for playing along with us at Jacksons Digital Expressions.

    May said...

    Beautiful card.. Great design & colours.. your colouring is Fabulous.. Thanks for joining us at WD..May x

    craftin-dawn said...

    Very lovely card..thanks for joining us at Created With Love Challenges
    DawnD

    Sandy Trefger said...

    Beautiful card! I adore all the pink and your inspiration colors! Stunning creation!
    Sandy, Clear it Out Design Team
    sandy's crafty creations

    Kim said...

    Gorgeous! Love the little envelope and the colors you chose. Glad you could join us at sweet Stampin' this week.

    Unknown said...

    O wow Sharron this is stunning, love the colours, image and all the glitter on your card. Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week and good luck xx

    Crafting Vicky said...

    I really love all the amazing details that you have put on this card. The idea of using the little envelop for the sentiment is brilliant. And the color combination really works well with this!

    Thanks for joining us as Jackson’s Digital Expressions this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky


    joy said...

    Pretty colors and love how you added the glitter bird! Thank you for participating in the Creative Belli Challenge.

    Jac’s Playground said...

    Beautiful card love the colours and little glittery bird, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments and A &T sketch challenges

    Jenn Borjeson said...

    This is so cute! Thanks for joining us at DICC. :)

    gobarb26 said...

    Your card is so cute and the colors and the coloring are great.

    DT Member CWLC

    Karen C said...

    Love this! Love the colors, all the wonderful embellies, and the layout! Thank you for playing with us at Whoopsi Daisy this week! Best of luck in the draw! Hope to see you next time!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (WD DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/busybusyhoneybee

    Jen Leeflang said...

    I love the little envelope on your fabulous creation!
    Thanks so much for joining us this week at JACKSON'S DIGITAL EXPRESSIONS. Good luck in the draw and please join us again for the next sketch challenge.
    luv’n huggz
    Jen Leeflang
    JACKSON’S DIGITAL EXPRESSIONS DT MEMBER

    Ciska said...

    Such a fun anniversary card and you've just reminded me that I have an envelope punch somewhere that has never been used. It might be now! Thank you for playing along with us @ Delightful Challenges :)

    Pam said...

    Cute card, thanks for joining us at the crazy challenge. Pam x